Automatically optimize your campaign with bid strategies
Learn how Bing Ads can automatically raise your bids on searches that are more likely to convert and lower them on searches that are less likely to.
Your bid strategy setting tells Bing Ads how you want to manage your bids. Whichever bid strategy you use, Bing Ads will always respect your budget limit. Currently, you have two bid strategy options:
Manual CPC (cost per click): You set your ad group and keyword bids, and Bing Ads uses these bids every time. This is every campaign's default bid strategy unless you chose a different strategy when creating your campaign.
Enhanced CPC (cost per click): You set your ad group and keyword bids, and Bing Ads automatically adjusts your bids in real time to increase your chances for a conversion. Your bid will go up to 30% higher on searches that are more likely to convert and up to 100% lower on searches less likely to convert (up or down, this change will be made after we apply any bid adjustments you have set).
How does Enhanced CPC work?
- You must have conversion tracking (a UET tag and a conversion goal) set up for Enhanced CPC to work.
- Enhanced CPC is not currently supported for Bing Shopping Campaigns.
Bing Ads looks for patterns to identify searches that are most likely to result in a conversion. When we see a good opportunity, we increase your bid up to 30% to capitalize on it. On the other hand, if the patterns show that a conversion is less likely, we lower your bid. Up or down, this change will be made after we apply any bid adjustments you have set. If you haven't optimized your campaign yet, Enhanced CPC should reduce your cost per conversion and increase your total conversion count while respecting your current budget.
Enhanced CPC will not break third-party bid-management tools. Enhanced CPC will always use the bids set by your bid management tool as a starting point before applying an adjustment between -100% and +30%.
Setting a campaign's bid strategy
You set bid strategy at the campaign level. To switch a campaign to Enhanced CPC:
- Select the campaign from the tree view in the left panel you want to add a bid strategy to.
- In the Edit the selected campaigns pane, select the Bid Strategy Type (Manual CPC or Enhanced CPC).
This bid strategy will apply to your entire campaign, but you can set an individual ad group’s or keyword’s bid strategy to Manual CPC (see next section) at any time.
Changing an ad group's or keyword's bid strategy
If you want full control for some individual bids, you can override a campaign's bid strategy for any ad group or keyword.
- On the Campaigns page, click either the Ad Groups tab or the Keywords tab.
- In the edit pane, select Manual CPC under Bid Strategy Type.
What you need to know:
- For ad groups, Default means the bid strategy will be inherited from the campaign’s bid strategy.
- For keywords, Default means the bid strategy will be inherited from the ad group's bid strategy.