About ad distribution
Use ad distribution to select where you want your ads to show. You can choose to have your ads shown on the search network and/or the content network.
Use ad distribution to select where you want your ads to show. You can choose to have your ads shown on the search network, the content network, or both (Note: The content network is available only in the United States).
The search network
Within the search network, you have additional options. You can choose to have your ads shown on the following:
Bing, AOL, and Yahoo owned and operated sites
Bing, AOL, and Yahoo syndicated search partner sites (these are sites that partner with us to use Bing and Yahoo search results -- see this article for more information)
Ads on the search network may also be displayed in the Bing Smart Search results.
The ad distribution options Bing, AOL, and Yahoo search (owned and operated) only
and Bing, AOL, and Yahoo syndicated search partners only
apply to advertising set up in the following locations: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, France, Germany, and Norway. These settings will not show when you select outside of these markets, either through ad language selection or targeting. All other locations will use All search networks even if the other two options are selected. When you run the Publisher Performance report, you'll see websites based on these ad distribution rules.
To learn how ad language and location targeting affects who sees your ads, see How does ad language and location targeting affect who can see my ads?
The content network
The content network shows your ads in Windows apps based on the content of the apps. To learn more about content ads, see How content ads work
. Note: The content network is available only in the United States.
Setting ad distribution
Although you set ad distribution when you create a new campaign, it is an ad-group level setting. Here's how to adjust your ad distribution settings:
- From the Ad Groups tab, click the name of your ad group.
- Click Settings.
- Under Advanced settings, click Ad distribution.
- Check or uncheck Search network and Content network to opt in or out.
- For the search network, select whether to show your ads on all search networks, just Bing, AOL, and Yahoo owned and operated sites, or just Bing, AOL, and Yahoo syndicated search partner sites.
- Click Save.
- To see how to exclude websites that aren't giving you the results you want, see How to prevent your ads from showing to certain people.
- Remarketing lists can be applied to ads distributed on the search network but not on the content network. If your ad group is associated with both the search and content network, the remarketing list will only apply to the ads distributed on the search network.