Using the API and FTP in Bing Merchant Center
Learn about uploading your catalog in Bing Merchant Center through a manual feed, FTP, or API.
If a catalog is uploaded using the FTP, it was accessible by the API. We now provide you with the flexibility to access and update your offers with Bing in any form, whether it’s through a manual feed, FTP, or via API.
With this feature, you can now:
- Execute read-only requests from the API. If you want to use the API to fetch information and status updates on your products to use to build product groups, this will help to optimize your campaigns.
- Use the API to update pricing and inventory throughout the day, and the FTP to upload the entire data feed once a day.
- Switch over to the content API for management of the feeds seemlessly.
When can I use the API and FTP together?
- Use FTP and the API to update different catalogs. For example, you can use the API to update catalog A and FTP to update catalog B.
- Use the API only to get products or determine the status of a product. For example, if you use FTP update catalog A, you may use the API only to get products from catalog A.
Though we recommend not using the same catalog using FTP and the API, if you do so, you must wait until the FTP process completes before using the API to update the catalog. The only exception to using FTP and the API to update the same catalog at the same time is if you use the API to update only the "price," "salePrice," and "salePriceEffectiveDate" fields of the catalog.