Ads by Bing can help boost performance
Learn how Bing Ads can create and run ads for you automatically.
Not everyone has this feature yet. If you don't, don't worry—it's coming soon!
Ads by Bing can save you time and energy in managing ad group performance. Bing Ads will monitor your ad groups and give a boost to those that appear to be underperforming.
Campaigns and ad groups tend to perform better when they have more ads getting your message out—research shows ad groups with three or more quality ads can get up to 15% more clicks
than those with only one ad. Driven by artificial intelligence, Ads by Bing offers you a hand by identifying ad groups that show potential for better performance and creating new ads for you, based on your existing ads.
How it works
- Ads by Bing is a part of Bing Ads Recommendations, which are suggestions Bing Ads makes to help improve your campaign's performance.
- When Ads by Bing identifies an ad group that might be helped by having more quality ads, it creates suggested ads designed for that ad group. Note that most of your ad groups might never get suggested ads.
- The suggested ads are variations of your existing ads, based on their keywords, ad extensions, landing page, targeting, and other relevant content.
- You are notified on the Ads tab of the Campaigns page that suggested ads have been created for you. You'll get a maximum of 50 suggested ads at any one time.
- You have a 14-day review period in which you can apply, edit, or decline any suggested ad. If no action is taken on an ad by the end of the review period, it automatically applies to your ad group.
- Applied ads become part of your ad group's ad rotation. In tables in the Ads tab, they are identified as Automated.
- Ads that you choose to apply immediately should start to appear in searches within 48 hours. Those you decline are permanently removed. If you take no action on an ad, it is automatically applied to your account at the end of the review period.
- You can choose to have suggested ads created and automatically applied to your account, all behind the scenes.
Apply new suggested ads automatically
To take this piece of performance management off your plate, set Ads by Bing to automatically create and apply more ad variations where they're needed. While you still have the option to
review, edit, apply, or decline any ad suggestion, Ads by Bing can also handle the process with no attention or action from you.
- On the Campaigns page, in the left navigation pane, click Shared Library > Account level options.
- Under Auto-apply ads by Bing, select On.
You are notified by email each time more ads are created, and you have 14 days to review, edit, or decline any suggested ad. If you take no action, they are added automatically to your ad group after the review period.
Ads by Bing suggests new ads until the ad group has at least three competitive ads and overall ad quality performance shows improvement. This usually takes only a few sets of suggested ads.
To opt out, go to Shared Library > Account level options and uncheck Automatically apply ads.
When you opt in to Auto-apply Ads by Bing, all of your ad groups are watched for areas with performance improvement potential. So keep in mind that each set of suggested ads might be intended for different ad groups.
Track performance of suggested ads
Applied ads join your ad group's rotation for potential appearance in searches. When they start appearing, you can track their performance along with that of your other ads on the Ads tab.
To distinguish ads created by Bing Ads from those you created, add the Automated column to your table.
- Above the table you want to modify, select Columns and then Modify columns.
- In Modify Columns, under Available columns > Attributes, select Automated.
Ads that automatically applied to your ad group show Yes in the Automated column. Ads show No in that column if you made any changes to ad content, including applying it directly.
Review and edit suggested ads
You always have the opportunity to review suggested ads before they go live, and to edit them anytime.
On the Campaigns page, go to the Ads tab. If there is a Recommendations banner at the top of the screen,
you have suggested ads for review.
- Click the Recommendations banner to open the list of suggested ads.
- Click the Edit pencil at any ad you want to edit.
Stop getting suggested ads
- To opt out of suggested ads and stop getting new ones, on the Campaigns page, go to the Ads
tab. If there is a Recommendations banner at the top of the screen, click it to open the list of suggested ads.
- Dismiss all of the suggested ads.
- In the Dismiss recommendations box, check the box at Don't offer this recommendation type again.
Any ads or content created by Bing Ads as part of this program are subject to editorial review, and will remain your "Content" as defined by your Microsoft Bing Ads Agreement.