Opting out of Automated Extensions
Learn how to opt out (or back in!) of Automated Extensions
Like regular ad extensions, Automated Extensions add a little spice to your ads, drawing more attention and making your ads more likely to be clicked. Automated Extensions are automatically added to your ads if Bing Ads determines that it can improve your ad performance, but you can also opt out of specific or all Automated Extensions.
Opt out of Automated Extensions
Note: You can only opt out of Automated Extensions at the account level.
- Click Campaigns at the top of the page.
- Click the Ad Extensions tab.
- Select Automated Extensions report from the dropdown.
- Click Manage Automated Extensions.
- Select Opt out of specific Automated Extensions and select the specific extensions to want to remove or select them all.
- Click Save.
If you decide that you want to use Automated Extensions again after you opt out, simply select Use all Automated Extensions available for this account and you'll be good to go!
- All clickable Automated Extensions will be charged for clicks, similar to ad headline clicks.
- Opt-out is only available at the account level.
- Choosing to opt out of an Automated Extension will opt out the account from all features under this extension.
- Historical opt-outs will be honored at the Automated Extension level.
- Reporting is available at the Automated Extension level, and not at each individual feature.
Automated Extensions may or may not appear in ads, depending on placement and predicted impact.
If you want to be included in the default opt-out list to be excluded from future Automated Extensions, notify your account manager or contact support.